StreetWave Media presents an exclusive interview with instrumental metal artist, Jevil Project located in France…
1. What made you decide to jump into the music industry or music business?
I wanted to share my passion for music with others.
2. What do you think makes you stand out from all the other aspiring and upcoming artists in your genre of music?
I don’t know. I try to stay myself & record original stuff.
3. If you could collaborate with ANY artist/band… Who would you choose and why?
Playing in a supergroup with Dave Brownsound, Flea & Miley Cyrus would be badass haha
4. What do you think is your biggest Advantage and your biggest Disadvantage about being an Indie artist?
Biggest advantage? No deadline. I can create what I want when I want. Biggest disadvantage? Mmm less exposure but I’m ok with that.
5. Do you prefer the Independent route or would you rather sign to a major record label, and why?
Independent route is cool. Not sure my stuff would interest a major record label because I don’t do shows.
6. Out of all the songs you’ve released, what do you think is your Best song and why?
Mmm maybe my track “Hypnagogia” because I think I succeeded in mixing many great influences to create the tone & vibe.
7. Do you miss the era of CD sales OR do you prefer the new wave of music streaming? Explain…
Both are complementary. Dematerialized stuff is useful despite the cheap remuneration haha.
8. Between creating in the studio OR performing live on stage, which is your most enjoyable one and why?
Creating stuff at my house is the most enjoyable one. Because the process of creation is passionate. I did shows in the past, that was cool but I don’t need it anymore.
9. During your entire journey through the music business, what would you consider your Worst experience?
Mmm one time I did a catastrophic performance on stage. I was nervous as fuck haha
10. What would you consider your most successful or proudest moment in your music career, so far?
I recorded my first demo CD with dudes in a local band few years ago. It’s my proudest moment I guess. I was a teenager.
11. If any, what discourages you the Most about music industry these days?
Maybe the cheap remuneration from streaming stores. But business is business.
12. What inspires you the Most about the music industry these days?
Instrumental music, especially rock & metal, is full of great performers, impossible to be unsatisfied.
13. If you wasn’t in the music business or industry, what do you think you would be doing with your life instead?
When I was younger I wanted to be a veterinary haha
14. In your own opinion, What is the current music scene like in your local area?
Kinda boring. Many clones.
15. What is your latest release and where fans can find it?
Just released a new fuzzy EP. Available on many digital stores & streaming platforms.
16. What is on your agenda or what can fans expect to see from you in 2022?
Who knows? Maybe new tracks m/
Check him out: https://linktr.ee/jevilproject