Ahead of their new album Homesick, Sea Girls have just dropped new single Lonely. The accompanying video stars JoJo Macari from Netflix’s Sex Education and The Irregulars. The band’s forthcoming sophomore album Homesick is out out March 25th (pre-order here*). Check out the new song and video below.
The video sees frontman Henry Camamile follow an unrequited love. Henry comments on the meaning behind the track:
It was written the day Ennio Morricone died, so was initially in honour of him, a nod to the good, the bad and the ugly – hence the whistle and the line ‘OK Corral’. It’s about the best friend I probably should have gone out with, but never did. We both moved on and the band happened and life got in the way for the both of us.
Henry Camamile, frontman
Sea Girls UK tour dates
The boys have also announced their biggest headline tour to date with `The Hometown Tour’. Kicking off mid-November, the tour includes a show at London’s Alexandra Palace on November 25th. Tickets will on general sale 10AM Friday February 25th*.
- Thu 17th Nottingham, Rock City
- Fri 18th Birmingham, O2 Academy 1
- Sat 19th Glasgow, O2 Academy
- Tue 22nd Cardiff, University Great Hall
- Wed 23rd Southampton, O2 Guildhall
- Fri 25th London, Alexandra Palace
- Sat 26th Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse
With their new album Homesick out on March 25th (pushed back from January 14th), Sea Girls have announced a string of record store shows for May 2022. Kicking off at Gorilla in Manchester on 3rd May, the run includes a date at Pryzm (Banquet Records) in Kingston on 12th May and ends at Rescue Rooms (Rough Trade) on 15th May. The ticket bundles are available here here.
- 3rd May – Gorilla, Manchester
- 4th May – Artics Club (Out Of Phase Records), Liverpool
- 5th May – Blitz (Action Records), Preston
- 7th May – The Church (Assai Records), Dundee
- 8th May – Foundry (Bear Tree Records), Sheffield
- 10th May – The Fleece (Rough Trade), Bristol
- 11th May – Old Fire Station (Vinilo Records), Bournemouth
- 12th May – Pryzm (Banquet Records), Kingston
- 15th May – Rescue Room (Rough Trade), Nottingham
New Album Homesick pushed back to March 25th
Originally scheduled for release on January 14th, Sea Girls’ new album Homesick (pre-order here*) was recently pushed back to March 25th. The band announced the rescheduled release date via their Facebook page on December 2nd.