StreetWave Media presents an exclusive interview with hiphop artist, Raww Blue located in Atlanta, Georgia. After the interview, check out the links below…
1. What made you decide to jump into the music industry or music business?
WHEN I FIRST SEEN 50CENT “IN DA CLUB” MUSIC VIDEO AS A YOUNGIN I WAS MIND-BLOWN. I WAS LIKE 9 LOL.
2. What do you think makes you stand out from all the other aspiring and upcoming artists in your genre of music?
I THINK MY SOUND IS DIFFERENT , ESPECIALLY MY VOICE, ITS DEMANDING! SO WHEN MY MUSIC TURN ON PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION.
3. If you could collaborate with ANY artist/band… Who would you choose and why?
RIGHT NOW, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY 50CENT, MISSY ELLIOT, JUSTIN BIEBER, CHRIS BROWN AND OF COURSE DRAKE.
4. What do you think is your biggest Advantage and your biggest Disadvantage about being an Indie artist?
BIGGEST ADVANTAGE IS BEING A LIGHT WHEN I WALK IN ANY ROOM AND KNOWING HOW TO NETWORK AND MARKET MYSELF. BIGGEST DISADVANTAGE IS NOT WANTING TO KISS A$$ TO HIGHER UPS, I WOULD SAY LOL.
5. Do you prefer the Independent route or would you rather sign to a major record label, and why?
I LIKE BEING INDIE BECAUSE I LIKE BEING ON TOP OF EVERYTHING, BUT DESPITE WHAT MANY PEOPLE SAY, I WOULD SIGN MAJOR BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE JUICE!
6. Out of all the songs you’ve released, what do you think is your Best song and why?
THATS A HARD ONE SINCE A COUPLE SONGS CHANGED MY LIFE ON DIFFERENT LEVELS BUT I WOULD HAVE TO GO WITH MY RECENT SONG “I GET IT” BECAUSE IT OPENED DOORS FOR ME ON ITS OWN, AS FAR AS HITTING RADIO STATIONS LIKE “SHADE 45” , “JAMILIAS JAMS” AND MORE. AND PLUS, I ENGINEERED IT MYSELF SO THATS MY BABY LOL.
7. Do you miss the era of CD sales OR do you prefer the new wave of music streaming? Explain…
I DO MISS THE CD ERA, I GOT IN THE GAME WHEN EVERYTHING WAS CHANGING BUT I LOVE THE MODE OF OPENING THE CD AND READING THE BOOKLETS INSIDE THE COVERS AND ETC.
8. Between creating in the studio OR performing live on stage, which is your most enjoyable one and why?
I LOVE BOTH FEELINGS, SEEING SOMETHING COME TO LIFE FROM THE STUDIO TO THE STAGE IS A RUSH FOR ME, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU SEE PEOPLE MOUTHING WORDS AT THE SHOWS.
9. During your entire journey through the music business, what would you consider your Worst experience?
MY WORST EXPERIENCE WAS BEING CALLED UP AT A “POWER “ SEASON PREMIERE TO RAP AND I WAS TOO INTOXICATED AND KEPT MESSING UP SMH LOL IT WAS EMBARRASSING.
10. What would you consider your most successful or proudest moment in your music career, so far?
I HAVE PLENTY MOMENTS , BUT THE ONE THAT PARTICULARLY CHANGED MY LIFE WAS WHEN I WAS ON STAGE FOR THE PRE-BET AWARDS IN CALIFORNIA.
11. If any, what discourages you the Most about music industry these days?
I LEARNED THAT A LOT IS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW, THE GAME HAS CHANGED. THE INDUSTRY AIN’T HOW IT USED TO BE.
12. What inspires you the Most about the music industry these days?
I DO LIKE HOW ARTIST CAN MAKE THEMSELVES POP OVERNIGHT WITH A GOOD TIKTOK , ITS MORE WAYS TO GET IN NOWADAYS BECAUSE OF SOCIAL MEDIA. THATS THE NEW BUSINESS CARD.
13. If you wasn’t in the music business or industry, what do you think you would be doing with your life instead?
I HAVE OTHER THINGS I DO, I DO VOICE OVERS FOR ANIMATIONS ALSO, ONCE AGAIN… SEEING THINGS COME TO LIFE GIVES ME A RUSH.
14. In your own opinion, What is the current music scene like in your local area?
IM FROM BROOKLYN BUT I GET TO HEAR A LOT OF DOWN SOUTH MUSIC RIGHT NOW SINCE IM IN ATLANTA, IT GAVE ME A FURTHER RANGE OF DIFFERENT THINGS I CAN DO.
15. What is your latest release and where fans can find it?
LATEST RELEASE IS “THEY SHOULD KNOW” FEATURING CHRSSY BANDZ AND REED DOLLAZ , ONE OF MY FAVORITE PHILLY RAPPERS. YOU CAN FIND “THEY SHOULD KNOW” ON YOUTUBE AND SOUNDCLOUD.
16. What is on your agenda or what can fans expect to see from you in 2022?
IN 2022 FANS CAN EXPECT MORE VERSATILITY, MORE ENGAGEMENT AND MORE BUSINESSES.