StreetWave Media presents an exclusive interview with rap artist Jaron Ikner, located in Phoenix, Arizona After our interview, check out his music and links below…
1. What made you decide to jump into the music industry or music business?
I’m a big fan of storytelling through different mediums. I believe that music is a universal language and one of the best ways to express yourself if you are capable.
2. What do you think makes you stand out from all the other aspiring and upcoming artists in your genre of music?
Well, I don’t necessarily think that I do. The thing is, as time goes on and technology becomes more advanced, it is becoming easier and easier to make great art. There are 60,000 songs released on Spotify every day, so for me, I just focus on my story and those that want to hear it.
3. If you could collaborate with ANY artist/band… Who would you choose and why?
Probably Donald Glover. I consider him my biggest inspiration as an artist.
4. What do you think is your biggest Advantage and your biggest Disadvantage about being an Indie artist?
The biggest advantage is the freedom to move how I want to and operate at my own pace. The disadvantage is the amount of time one has to spend to do all of the things one wants to do.
5. Do you prefer the Independent route or would you rather sign to a major record label, and why?
I much rather prefer to be independent. However, it would be nice to have the budget that some of these record labels have but many sign away so much just to get that and that’s not for me.
6. Out of all the songs you’ve released, what do you think is your Best song and why?
Hmmmm…I honestly don’t think I can answer this question fairly. Certain songs represent certain periods in my life so it’s hard to say which is my best song. My recent album “The Setting Sun” has incredible songs like Flashback and Prisoner that I would consider some of my finest work, I suppose.
7. Do you miss the era of CD sales OR do you prefer the new wave of music streaming? Explain…
CD are cool because they are physical, something that you can take home with and keep as a memory forever. I definitely miss that. However, the streaming era has given consumers so much access to new music that they never would have heard otherwise, including my own. I wholly embrace the streaming era for this reason.
8. Between creating in the studio OR performing live on stage, which is your most enjoyable one and why?
I haven’t performed in almost a year but I always love sharing my music on stage more than creating it.
9. During your entire journey through the music business, what would you consider your Worst experience?
I would say dealing with shady or nefarious promoters.
10. What would you consider your most successful or proudest moment in your music career, so far?
I’m proud every-time I’m able to release a studio LP. A lot of effort, time and money goes into the creation so it’s always a feeling of elation everytime I drop.
11. If any, what discourages you the Most about the music industry these days?
I feel like social media has changed the way artists operate. Many artists try to make “songs for tik tok” instead of songs for the world or themselves.
12. What inspires you the Most about the music industry these days?
The fact that independent artists have more power than ever. Even though I just shat on Tik Tok, a lot of genuine talent has been able to have light shone on them through there.
13. If you weren’t in the music business or industry, what do you think you would be doing with your life instead?
Probably creating art. I was always meant to be an artist, so whether it’s music, movies, or writing, I would always still be creating.
14. In your own opinion, What is the current music scene like in your local area?
I feel like the music scene in Arizona is actually very strong. There are several artists who have built strong, community based brands.
15. What is your latest release and where can fans find it?
The Iridescent is available now at www.JaronIkner.com
16. What is on your agenda or what can fans expect to see more from you in 2022?
My first feature film, The Bond, will be available on Amazon Prime and Tubi here soon. From there, I’m working on a couple of projects musically, as well as shooting my second feature film, tentatively titled “Magenta”.
Join on Facebook: http://Jaron Ikner FB https://www.facebook.com/JaronIknerFanPage
The Bond Movie Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheBondMovie2021
Attention bloggers and pod~casters, for follow up interviews with Music Prroducer and Filmmaker Jaron Ikner be sure to contact Sharry Flaherty of Samera Entertainment at: SameraEntertainment@Gmail.com
The post Exclusive Interview: Jaron Ikner appeared first on .