StreetWave Media presents an exclusive interview with Pop/EDM artist Kacey Fifield, located in Los Angeles, California.
1. What made you decide to jump into the music industry or music business?
I’ve always loved singing and writing songs; throughout my childhood, I’d spend my time memorizing Disney theme songs, singing Taylor Swift & Selena Gomez, and coming up with my own lyrics. When I was 10, I received the amazing opportunity to record my first original song, When I Grow Up, and the rest is history!
2. What do you think makes you stand out from all the other aspiring and upcoming artists in your genre of music?
My lyrics are very specific and personal, which I think really allows me to tell a story and connect with listeners. I also combine a lot of different genres—including pop, house, and EDM—to create my songs.
3. If you could collaborate with ANY artist/band… Who would you choose and why?
Definitely Conan Gray! I’m a huge fan of his music and love his voice, songwriting style, and performance skills.
4. What do you think is your biggest Advantage and your biggest Disadvantage about being an Indie artist?
It’s great that I get to decide my own release schedule and can pick which songs I release! But, it’s also much more difficult for independent artists to get opportunities that bigger labels offer
5. Do you prefer the Independent route or would you rather sign to a major record label, and why?
I love being able to decide what I want to release and who to work with as an independent artist, but working with a label that allows me freedom would be amazing as well!
6. Out of all the songs you’ve released, what do you think is your Best song and why?
This is a tough one because I don’t think there’s one that’s objectively the best; it really depends on what the listener likes! That being said, I’m super proud of the lyrics, vocals, and instrumental my recent single Toxic! I’m really happy with how my soon-to-be released songs sound as well, but I can’t reveal too many details on the songs that aren’t out yet!
7. Do you miss the era of CD sales OR do you prefer the new wave of music streaming? Explain…
I love how available music is now – I’m always always always listening to Spotify and it’s just so convenient! That being said, I’m glad that vinyl records and CDs are gaining popularity again; I have my own record player which is super fun to use.
8. Between creating in the studio OR performing live on stage, which is your most enjoyable one and why?
Both of these experiences are a way of my vision coming to life. I usually come up with song ideas at completely random times and make a voice recording to remember, so it’s really crazy when I get to see one of my shower thoughts become an actual, fully-produced song. This is why my time in the studio is so rewarding! But, I absolutely love sharing my songs with others through performing.
9. During your entire journey through the music business, what would you consider your Worst experience?
I really don’t think I’ve had a worst experience! There have definitely been difficulties, setbacks and roadblocks, but it’s all part of the journey