StreetWave Media presents an exclusive interview with hip hop/EDM artist, SKG ( Helecia Choyce ) located in Los Angeles, California.
1. What made you decide to jump into the music industry or music business?
I grew up in the music industry. I always had a love for the art and creativity that comes with.
2. What do you think makes you stand out from all the other aspiring and upcoming artists in your genre of music?
I feel I’m very diversified I’m regards to rapping and writing. I can touch on several different topics and I’m also a story teller.
3. If you could collaborate with ANY artist/band… Who would you choose and why?
Right Now I would love to collaborate with Adele.
4. What do you think is your biggest Advantage and your biggest Disadvantage about being an Indie artist?
My Biggest advantage is my experience and my biggest disadvantage is being from the West. It’s very hard for female rappers coming from the west. Especially Los Angeles.
5. Do you prefer the Independent route or would you rather sign to a major record label, and why?
Right now I’m comfortable being independent because I have freedom.
6. Out of all the songs you’ve released, what do you think is your Best song and why?
I really like “Rest In Peace to my ex niggas” that song is very personal to me. I also love my song “Thru My Eyez” I just dropped the video to that one and I just love the beat.
7. Do you miss the era of CD sales OR do you prefer the new wave of music streaming? Explain…
I prefer the new wave of streaming. I just think with the new wave you get more access to great music and a chance to discover new talent.
8. Between creating in the studio OR performing live on stage, which is your most enjoyable one and why?
I love the stage. I feel like when I hit the stage I turn into another person. Like an alter ego. It’s a fun adrenaline rush for me.
9. During your entire journey through the music business, what would you consider your Worst experience?
The worst is probably my fall out with Nipsey Hussle. Because we could have collectively done so many great things together. Being from the same area I wish things went differently.
10. What would you consider your most successful or proudest moment in your music career, so far?
My proudest is featuring on Tupac album “Until tne End Of Time and also dropping my album “Unfinished Business”
11. If any, what discourages you the Most about music industry these days?
The violence, politics, bullying and jealousy.
12. What inspires you the Most about the music industry these days?
The craft, fans, support from people that genuinely believe in me.
13. If you wasn’t in the music business or industry, what do you think you would be doing with your life instead?
I would have been an Attorney
14. In your own opinion, What is the current music scene like in your local area?
It’s still not a even playing field because we are still 10 steps behind the other regions.
15. What is your latest release and where fans can find it?
My Album “Unfinished Business” is out on Spotify and Apple Music and I just dropped my music video “Thru My Eyez”
16. What is on your agenda or what can fans expect to see from you in 2022?
To continue putting out music and new content.
Follow on Instagram @heleciachoyce
The post Exclusive Interview: SKG ( Helecia Choyce ) appeared first on .