StreetWave Media presents an exclusive interview with pop artist, Kristina Menissov located in Los Angeles, California…
1. What made you decide to jump into the music industry or music business?
For me it was inevitable. I had been studying piano in music school since I was 5 years old. I transitioned to studying opera as a singer. Since 2017 I was focused more on my modeling career but my soul craved going back to music. So here I am singing again.
2. What do you think makes you stand out from all the other aspiring and upcoming artists in your genre of music?
Me. That’s what makes me standout.
None of those artists are me. All of us are very unique and none of us can replace each other.
3. If you could collaborate with ANY artist/band… Who would you choose and why?
That definitely would be Beyoncé. Both of us would make such a beautiful duet. I hope one day soon it will happen.
4. What do you think is your biggest Advantage and your biggest Disadvantage about being an Indie artist?
My biggest advantage about being an Indie Artist is freedom. I am free to work and create any idea I have at any time. The biggest disadvantage is not being able to use some of the resources that you have when you sign with a big record label.
5. Do you prefer the Independent route or would you rather sign to a major record label, and why?
I love to go with the flow. When a label decides to present an interesting contract to me I don’t mind signing, I will just try to be smart and definitely will read my contract thoroughly.
6. Out of all the songs you’ve released, what do you think is your Best song and why?
Although it’s hard to choose a favorite, most of the time my favorite one is the last one I Have done.. I love my song CROWN with Turkish singer CANSEL because it shows my character, my witty sense of humor and some sexy motives, exactly how I feel about myself.
7. Do you miss the era of CD sales OR do you prefer the new wave of music streaming? Explain…
I wasn’t really a part of the CD sales era!. I think the new wave of music streaming is very convenient and gives more opportunities to indie artists.
8. Between creating in the studio OR performing live on stage, which is your most enjoyable one and why?
Performing live on stage. It’s like a meditation for me where my mind is clear of any worries and nothing else matters just living at the moment there on stage!
9. During your entire journey through the music business, what would you consider your Worst experience?
I didn’t have bad experiences, I get sad when as an artist I put so much soul into a project and don’t get as many people to share it with. Sad not for me, sad for the project not getting enough recognition.
10. What would you consider your most successful or proudest moment in your music career, so far?
Directing my first music video on my single “Taking Over LA” on my own. I challenged myself and I accomplished it. Everything turned out great and I learned so much. You guys should check it out
11. If any, what discourages you the Most about the music industry these days?
Not for me, but in general that some beautiful pieces of many talented artists go unnoticed just because they can not figure out social media algorithms.
12. What inspires you the Most about the music industry these days?
That everything is possible if you set your mind to it.
13. If you weren’t in the music business or industry, what do you think you would be doing with your life instead?
Sometimes I think I could’ve become a great litigator just like Camilla Vasquez
14. In your own opinion, What is the current music scene like in your local area?
I am so excited that the music scene now is going away from lip-synching and artists are actually performing live a lot.
15. What is your latest release and where can fans find it?
My latest release is with an artist NINELLE “Move your body” and you can find it on all digital platforms.
16. What is on your agenda or what can fans expect to see from you in 2022?
I am working on releasing my EP by the end of the year and maybe I will even create a live concert to promote the EP. Follow me on social media and stay tuned